Problem with starting digiKam 5.4.0

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 07:06:06 BST 2017

> Dear Gilles Caulier!
> Many thanks for your very quick response.
> But unluckyly both new installations (at first the v 5.6.0 of your link,
> afterwards v 5.5.0 via "Chip") failed, the failure-message is "Drive A: not
> found" occurs even now.
>
> How could I try to update "Solid"? Might this bring the solution?

You cannot. It's a software component that it's included in DK Windows
bundle. I compile myself all dependencies for DK. Solid is one of the huge
list.

> Another question is: where does digikam store its databases?

Where you said to DK to store it. Look in DK/setup/database. There is a
path to configure it.
In this folder you will found  .db files which are sqlite database : one
for the image proerties, one for thumbnaisl, and one for face tags.