Problem with starting digiKam 5.4.0

Markwart Lindenthal Markwart at Lindenthal.com
Thu Apr 20 21:25:21 BST 2017

Dear Gilles Caulier!
Many thanks for your very quick response.
But unluckyly both new installations (at first the v 5.6.0 of your link,
afterwards v 5.5.0 via "Chip") failed, the failure-message is "Drive A:
not found" occurs even now.

How could I try to update "Solid"? Might this bring the solution?

Another question is: where does digikam store its databases? are they in
folder .../digikam/database? I would like to save digiKams datafiles and
afterwards de-install the whole program and sweep off all the programm
folders, but would not like to loose the data of nearly 50000 pictures.

Could a complete new installation repair my digiKam?

Best regards! Markwart Lindenthal.