Problem with starting digiKam 5.4.0

Markwart Lindenthal Markwart at Lindenthal.com
Thu Apr 20 16:50:44 BST 2017

Please excuse my lousy English – I am over 70, that means school English
has gone since more than half a century.

I liked to work with digiKam – I should better say: digiKam worked for
me for some years, with about 50 000 pictures. But it was interrupted
long time ago.

When starting it now, it asks for Drive A:, put a disk in it and close.
That's all, it does not run.

Drive A: never had been working in my PC. But I have an external
3½"-drive A: with cable and USB2. Nevertheless digiKam is not ready to
go, even after de- and newly re-installation.

Is there anyone able to help me getting started?

It would be a fine after-easter-gift for me.

Thanks and greetings from Markwart Lindenthal.