New website update

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 13:58:56 BST 2017

Mica
Thank you for doing the great job! Website looks very very good.
We talked about making videos instead of screenshots one day. Is this something we are going to to still? Do you want me to make any?Do you know a good software for Linux to do that? By "good" I mean a program that highlights the area around the cursor and animates mouse clicks and keyboard presses on the screen.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: mica at silentumbrella.com Date: 2017-04-20  1:24 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: New website update
All,

I think we are almost ready to go live with the new website. Here is the
current list that I've tallied:

Blockers:
* TODO implement comments on news posts

Nice-to-have:
* TODO implement search capability
* TODO continue to refine and edit the content
* TODO migrate all images off flickr/imgur
* TODO (LOW PRIORITY) In the download page the two-line "Linux AppImage"
resulting in non-aligned 64-/32-bit links looks not so nice.
* TODO Make legacy comments prettier
* TODO Restyle news/post meta (author, publish date stamp, social share
links)
* TODO Center Recipes book image in sidebar
* TODO Run link checker and fix all broken links (Right now we don't
resolve Drupal comment anchor links & misc other broken links, nothing
major)
* DONE Link to google drive repo to download Pre-Release Bundles is
missing.
* DONE Add an ability to subscribe to digikam news and posts on the
website.
* DONE The Meta subchapters should not be hidden behind the main "Meta"
topic in the bottom menu bar.
* DONE In my opinion the meta chapters would fit better under
Documentation.
* DONE About subtopics should be alphabetically ordered (now it is maybe
ordered by importance, but I think that's confusing).
* DONE make the footer a bit more viable, as its a bit empty
* DONE replace the screenshot placeholder in the index
* DONE News post headers don't need to be anchor links

I will work with Pat David in the near future to get the comments
implemented in the News post template. All other items are not critical
to replacing the old site (which is now just a static copy of the Drupal
site).

Please reply to this email or open a bugzilla item if you spot anything
else.

Best,
Mica