Notifications in digiKam question

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 17:24:26 BST 2017

yes, the in fact the event notifier is a string + metadata (optional).

It's possible to pass something like "File %1 save completed" for ex, with
%1 the file name as argument. In background, QString container is used.

The code relevant for image editor is here :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/utilities/imageeditor/main/imagewindow.cpp#n964

and here :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/utilities/imageeditor/main/imagewindow.cpp#n1062

DNotificationWrapper class is used and it re-route the notification to
right object from the desktop depending of operating systm.

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/libs/notificationmanager/dnotificationwrapper.h

So, everywhere in DK, this class is used to notify an event. Patching
all call can be easy to do.