Internal Database Server ???

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:02:35 BST 2017

Hi,

It's done automatically by digiKam. The internal server want mean a
stanalone instance of mariadb or mysql storing database in local, and
queried through a local socket. The server is not available outside of
course. It's "internal".

So typically it's a replacement of sqlite for huge collection, even if
sqlite work better and better in this case, since it used everywhere for
local database. LightRoom for ex, use sqlite...

And this is a problem for LightRoom which cannot be used through the
network, due to technical limitation of sqlite in this context.