DigiKam losing it's own information ???

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 11 06:38:13 BST 2017

On mardi 11 avril 2017 05:07:40 CEST Andrey Goreev wrote:
> No you should check the box.

Or rather, you should know what it does, so you can decide whether it should
be checked or not...

Digikam has the possibility to show only the edited versions (if present) and
hide the original files (if digikam 'knows' which is the edited version). This
helps reducing clutter in the interface. If there's no edited version, the raw
file will of course be shown.

Checking the mentioned boxes forces Digikam to show the originals even in the
presence of an edited version. These options only change what you see, they
don't change what's actually saved/stored on your HDD or in the database. So
playing with them can't do any harm.

Remco