DigiKam losing it's own information ???

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 02:29:28 BST 2017

settings / image editor / versioningat the bottom of the window

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> Date: 2017-04-10  7:25 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: DigiKam losing it's own information ???
This is  probably the good ol' "always show originals" checkbox.
It is in settings / versioning if I remember that correct and it is unchecked by default.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: BuckSkin <dmnmcg60 at gmail.com> Date: 2017-04-10  7:11 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: Re: DigiKam losing it's own information ???
Thanks, everyone, for your patience and help; I sort of got sidetracked for a
few days and was delayed in posting back.

I made an attempt to download version 5.6.0 and after a couple hours I
finally gave up and cancelled; I will try again in the wee hours of morning;
downloads seem to work better for me then.

I have another issue that I have noticed, digiKam is not acknowledging about
a third of the images in some of the folders; the images are right there in
the folders; the folders/albums are right there in digiKam; all of the tags
and geolocation information that was added right in digiKam is written into
the metadata, yet try as I may, I cannot get digiKam to show about a third
of the images in any given folder/album.

Thanks for reading.