New digikam website source available from KDE's git server

Pat David patdavid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 16:21:28 BST 2017

I'm about to fix this, but it uncovers another question:

On the /downloads/ page, there are currently links directly to each
architecture/OS.  I think this is a good idea personally, as it gets users
directly to the most relevant version right away.

However, the links would need to be updated manually to always point to the
appropriate binaries.  Is someone prepared to keep these links updated as
needed?  I know you're on a pretty quick release cycle, which is awesome
(every 2-3 months it seems).

Of course, we're happy to update them also as long as someone remembers to
ping us when to!

pat

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 11:40 PM Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On download page :
>
> https://staging.digikam.org/download/
>
> MacOS 32 bits version do not exist. OSX is only 64 bits since many years
> now...
>
> Gilles Caulier

> The page has been added to the main menu and pushed to
> https://staging.digikam.org
>
> -m
>
> On 2017-04-08 22:30, AndriusWild wrote:
>
> I have noticed that it is only possible to see the latest news and
> there is no
> way to open the full list of news...
>
> On Saturday, April 8, 2017 6:27:18 PM MDT you wrote:
>
> Something like /static/IMG/<post_file_name>/IMG.jpg would work. Or
>
> you could
>
> go by post year/month.
>
> I'd like to avoid having a thousand images in one directory.
>
> -,m
>
> On April 8, 2017 2:51:58 PM PDT, Pat David <[hidden email] [1]>
>
> wrote:
>
> >I was going to scrape all the old Flickr images locally - Mica,
>
> what
>
> >should
> >I do for folder structure?
> >
> >I'll look into fixing the anchor headings styling to avoid
>
> confusion.
>

> >Need a bug tracker for the website to capture/track these. :)
> >On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 11:28 AM Mica Semrick <[hidden email] [2]>
> >
> >wrote:
> >> New posts will have their resources served from the digikam
>
> domain,
>
> >> however, there are ~350 old posts with images from flickr. That's

> >lot of
> >
> >> migration work, as is adding alt tags.
> >>
> >> We welcome patches for this effort. :) Otherwise it'll be a slow
> >> migration. If someone is interested in scripting it, please let
>
> me
>

> >know so
> >
> >> we can talk about folder structure.
> >>

> >> -m
> >>

> >> On April 8, 2017 7:05:15 AM PDT, Alexander Langley <
> >> [hidden email] [3]> wrote:
> >>
> >> The website looks excellent! I'm very pleased that everything
>
> works
>
> >> without JavaScript enabled, which is increasingly uncommon these
>
> days
>
> >:
> >:/
> >:
> >> However, when I disable 3rd party resources, the Flickr images
>
> don't
>

> >load,
> >
> >> which reveals that the alt-text for those images is not very
> >
> >descriptive.
> >
> >> Could someone work on describing the images appropriately so that
>

> >people
> >
> >> who use screen readers (or nutcases like me who disable 3rd party
>

> >> resources) can tell what the images are?
> >>
> >> Also, some of the h3s on the Contribute page have anchor tags so
>
> that
>

> >they
> >
> >> can be linked to. Currently, those anchor tags enclose the

> [...]
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC