Moving from sqlite to mysql failure

daniel bip daniel.mail.public at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 20:05:34 BST 2017

Hi Simon,

I installed DK from Philip Johnsson's PPA.

If I try lo locate libqt5sql5-mysql I get this:

/usr/share/doc/libqt5sql5-mysql
/var/cache/apt/archives/libqt5sql5-mysql_5.5.1+dfsg-16ubuntu7.2_amd64.deb
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libqt5sql5-mysql:amd64.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libqt5sql5-mysql:amd64.md5sums

So, I tried apt-get install libqt5sql5-mysql and it did install something
but it continues to crash, in a different way:

digikam.general: scan mode: ScanDeferredFiles
digikam.general: Testing  "mysql_install_db" ...
digikam.general: Found  "mysql_install_db"
digikam.general: Testing  "mysqld" ...
digikam.general: Found  "mysqld"
digikam.general: Testing  "mysql_install_db" ...
digikam.general: Found  "mysql_install_db"
digikam.general: Testing  "mysqld" ...
digikam.general: Found  "mysqld"
digikam.dbengine: ConnectOptions
"UNIX_SOCKET=/home/daniel/.local/share/digikam/db_misc/mysql.socket"
digikam.dbengine: Error while opening the database. Error was
QSqlError("2002", "QMYSQL: Unable to connect", "Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket
'/home/daniel/.local/share/digikam/db_misc/mysql.socket' (2)")
digikam.general: total scan value :  97076

Thanks for helping!

BR,

d.