Set the albums date by a shell script

Matthieu ermelir at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 22:11:39 BST 2016

Dear users,

My pictures are stored in a directory tree like this example:

2011
 |-----20111111
 |-----20111225
2012
 |-----20120301
 |-----20120301

For sure this structure should be efficient to sort my albums by location
in the left panel, but only if I did not made some mistakes in some folder
names.
I could rename them but it's not so simple because this directory tree is
share with some others softwares.

So I would like to sort my album by their dates. But when we have more than
1000 folders, I don't wants to do that manually.

I've analyzed the database schema and I have found that there is a field
called date in the album table. Nice!
So I build a shell script which analayse my folders names to build the
appropriate SQL updates.
And I have applied these updates....

But for sure, If I write you it's because I had some issues: after applying
the SQL updates, almost all my folders had now the appropriate date in the
date field.
But some folders have disappear from the directory tree on the left panel.

So my question is: are there some triggers in database or on the software
code source which can explain why these folders have disappear? or If I
update the date field in the album table it's like setting the album date
from the left panel?

Kind regards

Matthieu