help needed: netmount & duplicates

Uwe Haider uwe.haider at gmx.net
Thu Sep 29 19:16:41 BST 2016

Hi,

my collection is grown to big for my hard disk (~2.250.000 pictures). So
I've buyed an Qnap T431 NAS and try to move it. Two issues make me
unsure about the right way:

- What shall I use to connect digikam with the NAS? Samba or nfs? What's
stable and fast? And what must be in the removable media settings of DK 5.2?

- After several years with different backup strategys I got some parts
of the folder tree duplicated. Perhaps are the duplicate folder trees
with different tags/faces/coordinates etc... What is the sure & easy way
to clean it up without breaking my SQL-Base? Surely within digikam?
Shall I write all metadata in the files, copy in bash the "wrong" folder
over the right "folder" skipping existing files?

Do you have experience with such issues? Your advice is very welcome here...

Sorry Gilles, I must move all collections first and clean up the
folders. Then I will be back to the bug.

--
Uwe Haider
uwe.haider at gmx.net
http://www.familie-haider.de