Digikam 5.1: No progress indicator when copying/moving images (+ no name collision resolution)!?

digikam-ng.jg at graumannschaft.org digikam-ng.jg at graumannschaft.org
Tue Sep 27 13:13:38 BST 2016

Hello,

After managing the migration from 4.* to 5.1 on my debian stable/testing
system, I note that digikam 5.1 for me currently doesn't give any indication
as to whether a large copy/move process is finished - I have to watch the
database statement flying by on the console to be sure ... additionally there
is now image name collision resolution any longer ... 4.* used to throw a
dialog at me that offered to rename images where the file name was already
present in the target directory (while showing thumbnails making identity
checking easier) ... is that a shortcoming of the new version or the packaging
in debian?

Sincerely, Joh