Network Shares inaccessible (to digikam) after transition to digikam v5.1 (schema v.8)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 06:26:27 BST 2016

The encoding path to root collection is badly encoded. In fact this is due
certainly to port to pure Qt5 implementation, previous one use KUrl instead
Qt5::QUrl.

Note : this is another point to prohibit the KDE API and to always promote
Qt API instead everywhere. This kind of dysfunction are unacceptable for an
application as digiKam. As now the 800.000 lines of code drop 90% of KDE
API, the future will be more stable.

The solution to your problem is to fix the encoding path of root collection
in DB. Look in Setup collection dialog if paths are show properly.