Question regarding digikam libs

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 20:45:34 BST 2016

Hi,

libraw is used to process RAW files : http://www.libraw.org

For Video files we use Qt5::Multimedia framework, which delegate decoding
to extra codecs installed on target OS. For Linux, it's GStreamer.

But, due to poor support of this framework under OSX and Windows,
especially to be able to extract video thumbnails, we plan to use a
dedicated wrapper based on ffmpeg.

Best