Digikam and Darktable

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 15 18:06:07 BST 2016

On jeudi 15 septembre 2016 07:24:29 CEST digikam at 911networks.com wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 08:06:38 +0200
>
> Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> Thanks.
>
> But if I'm in DK, how do I know that this image is already processed
> and ready in DT?
>
> Does DK reads the DT tags, like darktable|changed and
> darktable|exported, ...?

That's not a problem for me:
When/if I need an image, I look for it in Digikam, then open it in Darktable.
_There_ I can see immediately if that image is ready for export.

As I said, I don't export systematically, but as needed and at the size/format
needed. So changes are I will need to export the image anyway.

If you want to have the processed images always available, the easiest is to
export to the directory where you have the corresponding raw file. Digikam
will not realise that the two are versions of the same images (afaik), but
they will be shown next to one another if you sort by file name.

This system works for *me* with the way I take and use my pictures. But I
can't say if it's suitable for anyone else, as I don't know his/her needs.