.dtrash is empty and full?

Peter Mc Donough mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net
Mon Oct 31 17:42:20 GMT 2016

Am 31.10.2016 um 14:47 schrieb Remco Viƫtor:
> On lundi 31 octobre 2016 12:18:44 CET Peter Mc Donough wrote:
>>
>> There is the trash folder in Digikam ".dtrash", ...
>> Presently it is empty, but (!) if I check with dolphin, there are still
>> about 250MB of photos. System Suse Tumbleweed, Digikam 5.2.0
>> Which settings am I missing?
>
> Looking in that folder on my system, I see two folders beneath it:
> - "files", containing .ARW and .XMP files
> - "info", containing .dtrashinfo files, one for each file in the "files"
> directory.
> Could it be that in your case, the "info" directory is empty?

No, both contain the same number of files.
Meanwhile the problem sorted itself out.
I deleted another photo and suddenly the trash folder contained all
files that I could see in dolphin. Then I could delete all those within
Digikam.

>> Alternatively, is there somewhere an option within Digikam for using the
>> kde trash folder like in digkam 4.x, or could I simply link .dtash to my
>> kde trash folder without causing problems?
>
> I'd expect the presence of the "info" directory and .dtrashinfo files to cause
> problems if you make .dtrash a link to the KDE trash folder (either the
> "dtrash" could (appear to) be corrupted after emptying the KDE trash or KDE
> trash could show strange behaviour due to the ".dtrash" elements present)

KDE trash also has two folders: "files" and "info", so Digikam after
"ln -s ~/local/share/Trash .dtrash"
should just see what it expects, IF, and that is a big "if", it uses the
system resources and not an own trash management.

I played it bit with the link. After setting the link, deleted files
didn't show up in KDE trash.
So I better leave it alone.

cu
Peter