Touchpad wrong in F24/DigiKam 5.1.0

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Tue Oct 25 08:45:36 BST 2016

Hi group,

Apologies if the question came up earlier -- Google wasn't helpful...

I recently upgraded to a new laptop and with it to Fedora 24, DigiKam
5.1.0, KDE Frameworks 5.26.0, Qt 5.6.1. I use Gnome, but DigiKam is one of
my few "must-haves" :)

Upon starting DigiKam the first time, I really struggled with the Touchpad.
I'm not exactly sure how it reacts, but the click/tap seems all wrong. It
seems to trigger a "click-hold" (=drag) on only touching the touchpad and
dragging the finger across (instead of the correct behavior of
tap-release-tap-hold intiating a drag). My photos get dragged all over the
place :) Left-clicking is somehow also entirely wrong, not exactly sure
what happens there, but e.g. menus don't remain open, they close as soon as
I move the pointer after a click.

Note that it seemed to work OK during the setup wizard. But as soon as the
main window opened, things went south...

Anybody know what's going on? Is this a KDE setting? If so, which
package/program should I install & launch to change this setting?

Thx a lot,
Hajo

--
Sent from my mobile device, apologies for typos

PGP key: http://tinyurl.com/2016PGPKEY