video tagging

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 17:22:47 BST 2016

In fact, to be clear, all digiKam video management is already implemented
as photo since a while.

digiKam is able to write in video file since 4.12.0, but... as metadata low
level management is fully delegate to Exiv2, well at least 0.25 with right
compilation option to support video files must be enabled.
Warning, they are bugs in Exiv2 which will be fixed in 0.26.

I ask to Exiv2 team to release more frequently the library but without
success. All is always postboned.

So i recommend to use XMP side car for read only files (this include video
files in this case). In all case the video metadata in database will be
store without any problem. We don't use Exiv2 to play with database.