Missing menu items after update to 5.2

Jan Wolter jan at wolter.re
Sun Oct 16 17:35:49 BST 2016

Hello Gilles,

the appImage version works as expected, even when I call it from panel
launcher. I noticed that this version has more icons (e.g. in the
left-hand panel) than my compiled version. And the icons have another style.

Hence, there seems to be a problem with my compiled version.
I compiled dk v5 some month ago (but never used it). I searched in my
backups and found that I compiled dk before today on 26th July where dk
was installed to /opt/kf5.

Today, I just

 1. updated all git repositories,
 2. deleted old build folder,
 3. called bootstrap.linux
 4. switched to newly generated build folder
 5. called make (without errors)
 6. called sudo make install

Afterwards dk was installed to / instead of /opt/kf5. Before, I used
exactly the same approach to compile dk (e.g. without giving a
DIGIKAM_INSTALL_PREFIX).
To see the differences compare the following files:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91057768/install_manifest_2016-07-26.txt
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91057768/install_manifest_2016-10-16.txt

So, I have two questions:

 1. Why changed the installation place?
 2. Could this be a reason for my problems?
    When I call dk from the new installation place, there are some
    references to the old installation place:
    /bin $ ./digikam
    digikam.dbengine: Loading SQL code from config file
    "/opt/kf5/share/digikam/database/dbconfig.xml"
    digikam.widgets: Paths to color scheme :
    ("/opt/kf5/share/digikam/colorschemes")

Best regards,
Jan

  Dr. Jan Wolter  | E-Mail: jan at wolter.re