cannot rename files using digiKam batch manager

JL Kottal jlkottal at outlook.com
Mon Oct 10 20:15:46 BST 2016

I am not able to rename files using the batch command in digiKam.

I am running digiKam version 4.14 under PC-BSD 10.3, but the problem also occurs in Windows 10 with digiKam version 5.2. The batch process images plug-in is installed.

This is what I am doing, according to the instructions found on https://userbase.kde.org/Digikam/Renaming_Photos

I select  three images from an album and add them to the current queue.

When the Batch Queue Manager window opens, under the file renaming tab, I choose a custom name consisting of my initials, a dash, and a two digit number selected from the Number options box.

Under target, I choose to use the original album.

The queue list shows the new filename. There is nothing in the Assigned Tools box. At the bottom of the window there are the words "ready" and "Current Queue: 3 items/no tasks - Total 3 items / no tasks".

The run and stop button never come into focus (i.e., they remain grayed out).

I have found that if I add a tool from the Base tools box, such as convert to black and white, the run button comes into focus. If I press it, the selected files are processed by the tool command and also  renamed.

What I want to be able to do is to rename the selected files without having to apply any editing to them.

How can this be done?

Thanx.

JL Kottal