metadata for xcf files

Flavio Cardone fcardone at tlen.pl
Sun Oct 9 10:31:45 BST 2016

Thanks for the fast answer. I thought by keeping all metadata in the XMP
it would be possible to edit it with Digikam - I remember it wouldn't
write it directly in the image even before.

But what happens then if I edit - say with vim - the XMP file and change
the creation date of an image? Will that be overwritten from the
database at some point?

Thanks,

Flavio