Syncing DigikamTags to IPTC Keywords

Martin Snell m123 at snellsweb.org.uk
Wed Nov 30 09:51:44 GMT 2016

Hi.

I am using Linux Arch and have recently upgraded to Digikam version
5.3.0 (KDE Frameworks 5.28.0, Qt 5.7.0 (built against 5.7.0) and the
*xcb* windowing system).

Previously any tag entered using Digikam was automatically written to
the IPTC Keywords metadata for the photo.  This does not seem to happen
any more and there does not appear to be a simple tick-box option to do
so, although the keywords can be added manually in the Edit IPTC tab.

Under the general configuration settings, I note there is an Advanced
Tab under 'Embedded Image Information Management'.  This looks a
promising way forward, but I cannot get it to work.  I have set 'Tags'
with 'Unify read and write' checked.  Also 'Iptc.Application2.keywords'
is ticked (and at the top of the list') - this being what I think is the
correct reference for the IPTC Keywords metadata field. But I cannot get
the tags from the Digikam database into the IPTC fields. At best if I
use 'Item, Write metadata to image' then the IPTC Keywords field has the
caption in it, but not the tags.

Maybe this is a bug, or I am not doing something correctly. Any help
appreciated. Thanks. Martin