What hardware?

Mikael Kujanpää mahead80 at nic.fi
Sat Nov 19 23:10:50 GMT 2016

maderios kirjoitti 20.11.2016 00:37:
> On 11/19/2016 10:23 PM, Uwe Haider wrote:
>> So, how can I optimize my hardware? A faster cpu? More RAM? Better
>> GPU?
>> Which is the best way to speed up digikam?
>>
> Hi
> I know that hardrive slows down digikam db.
> SSD is better.

I was about to say the same. The most important upgrade is from HDD to
SSD (I personally prefer Samsung ones), then cpu & RAM. As for gpu, the
one integrated to the cpu will do just fine for Digikam (of course you
might have other reasons to buy better gpu too). These upgrades will
improve the whole desktop user experience. On the other hand, if you
already have a SSD and decent cpu with memory more than 4 gb, you might
be disappointed with the results compared to the money you have spent.

Regarding the camera transfer speeds, if it supports the USB3, then make
sure your motherboard supports it as well and you have USB3 slots on
your case.

Mikki