Delete Database file?

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Thu Nov 17 21:20:30 GMT 2016

I seem to have some corruption of my database (sqlite), some pictures do
not display in Digikam.

I just renamed my database and restarted Digikam (4.14) and it recreated
the database, but the old file was 72.7 MB and the new one is 14.4 MB.
The missing pictures do now display.

I have checked through some of the tables and there are big differences
in numbers, e.g. ImageMetadata 46,949 records in the old table, 21,310
in the new table.

I feel that to be safe and not loose data I need to restore the old
database.  Any comments, advise?  I have loads of tags and I really
don't want to loose them and see no easy way to confirm that they are
all there.

Thanks

Mick