Pictures Don't Show in Digikam

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Sat Nov 12 21:32:56 GMT 2016

I have just imported some pictures from my camera using the normal
import on Digikam 5.3 running on Mint 18.  There were 8 pictures, my
camera takes RAW and JPG, so 16 files.  The import worked, I can see
them all in Nemo, but in Digikam for one picture I see JPG and RAW, then
two others JPG only.  I have run Tools > Maintenance > Scan for new
items, Rebuild thumbnails and Rebuild Finger-prints, I have also
rebooted the machine, still can't see them.

I have also looked using Digikam 4 but that can't see them either.

I have been importing pictures into Digikam this way for many years now
without problem, any ideas what may have gone wrong here?

Thanks

Mick