What date is used when importing images?

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 11:24:32 GMT 2016

Hi,

I know this was already discussed some time ago, but I would still like
to bring it up again:
Someone who actually cares about the picture date (i.e. renames files
accordingly) certainly is interested in the date when the picture was
taken, not some random system date, which is usually not even consistent
on different systems. Taking the time from exif should be the standard
or there should be a much more prominent switch (i.e. directly in the
import ui). As the emails below show you (understandably) cannot expect
a (new) user to look for and find this option.

Cheers,
Simon