Problems converting from sqlite to mysql

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Sun Nov 6 01:44:25 GMT 2016

Hi,

I have been using digikam for several years with great
satisfaction. Thanks for this awesome peace of software.

Now I decided to mygrate to network storage to share the same
collections from several devices and i'm running into several
problems.

My prevous installation is a 4.4.5 my current installation is 5.2.
I started from the previous digikam4.db and tried to convert using the
5.2 instance but it doesn't finish the job. The reason is that the
sqlite db has many foreign key that are broken.

I decided to convert by hand the database. It's been long but at the
end I got all data in mysql. The problem starts now. I attach the
network connection and it doesn "see" the images, if I lanch a second
time digikam complains that "The database is not Valid: the DBVersion
settings does not exists"

At this point I realized that digikam has altered all albums id and
nullified all album fields of Images instances.

Please let me know which is the correct path from sqlite to mysql.
What is the check it does on DbVersion: can I fix that?

thanks in advance
sandro