problem with legend

Frédéric Chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:09:47 GMT 2016

Hi all

I'm a new comer on digikam , previously using Picasa , but as I migrated
to Linux and Picasa has been roll out, I searched for another powerfull
tools including people identification and geotaging.
So I installed digikam 5.2.0 and imported my pictures. Great !

One problem I have is about legend or caption.
fot the pictures updated with a comment outside digikam, noi porblem, I
can see the legend in the thumbnails
but when I want to add another one from Digikam, It doesn't work. I
tried different field (caption, title,...) from metadata edition tools
but nothing happened, when I look at the thumbnail view, the comment is
not visible. And at the end when I edit the metadata again, the comment
I've made has disappeared
I'm sure I missed something, but what ?

thanks in advance for your help