[Digikam-users] open with external editor disappeared in recent beta

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 19:22:26 BST 2016

Hi Gilles,

That is the reason. I read the diffs since my last pull and there was
something about kio. The following suggests that kio is only relevant
together with KDE, so I removed it. Apparently it is generally needed
for linux desktop integration (e.g. open with).
PRINT_OPTIONAL_LIBRARY_STATUS("libkio"
"https://projects.kde.org/projects/frameworks/kio" "(version >=
${KF5_MIN_VERSION})"      "digiKam will be compiled without KDE desktop
integration support."           KF5KIO_FOUND)
Maybe that should be adjusted?
I will reinstall and recompile - thanks for your help.