[Digikam-users] How can I archieve albums

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed May 11 15:41:33 BST 2016

Am 11.05.2016 um 09:27 schrieb cl at isbd.net:
> Noeck <noeck.marburg at gmx.de> wrote:
>> You can do Image > Write metadata to file
>> for all images. Then you can copy/archive them and the metadata should
>> be preserved.
>>
> Personally I think this should be the default.  Digikam should make it
> very difficult to lose metadata and, if you are going to move images
> about by any means other than using Digikam, keeping the metadate in
> the inmage file is the only way to go.

it is good that this is *not* the default.

You can always switch it on, if you want, and it's great that digikam
supports this possibility. But making it default would bear the risk to
transmit information with the image not everybody wants to give. Also
adding meta data changes the file and I think any change to the file
*must* be intentionally triggered by the user and may in no way be
automatic or "default".

http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137