[Digikam-users] Regarding OS for digiKam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed May 11 08:57:29 BST 2016

Mine is Mageia Linux, Cauldron currently (next release 6).

This Linux box integrate very well KDE technologies. The guy who package
Plasma and KF5 and Qt5, release also digiKam tarballs source code !

So digiKam is very well integrated.

But Mageia 5 is old now and use a non stable KF5 release. This is why i
work on beta version of Mageia.

So, i cannot recommend Mageia 6 for you. The system can be unstable in time
when update is processed.