[Digikam-users] How can I archieve albums

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue May 10 20:31:52 BST 2016

Am 10.05.2016 um 20:32 schrieb Anders Lund:
> tirsdag den 10. maj 2016 15.11.40 CEST skrev Sjoerd:
>> On 10/05/2016 15:07, Anders Lund wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I thought digikam had some functionality to archieve albums, or move
>>> them to a
>>> different collection. How can I do that (I need to move a lot of
>>> albums, and
>>> it is only possible to select one at a time).
>
>> You can do this with your normal filemanager (like dolphin with KDE)
>
> But then the digikam metadata is lost.

I am not sure about this. For a very small test I just marked about then
photos with different stars and some with a color border in two
different subfolders of different folders and then copied them with one
drag/drop to a new folder in the digikam album tree using dolphin.

All the stars and borders are there in the newly created subfolders (the
copies). Quite intelligent :-)

While I did the copying in dolphin I had digikam running.

I have no idea if this works always and with any kind of meta data, but
for sure it is worth some trials...

http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137