[Digikam-users] Problem installing dependencies

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 08:33:05 GMT 2016

On 22/03/16 05:53, Louis A. Turk wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to compile digikam 5.0.0-beta3, but am having a problem
> installing the dependencies.
>
> [master//dk]% sudo apt-get build-dep digikam
> [sudo] password for l:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Build-Depends dependency for digikam cannot be satisfied because
> candidate version of package libkexiv2-dev can't satisfy version
> requirements
> [master//dk]%
>
> What must I do to overcome this problem?

Unfortunately build-dep digikam is not going to help you as it will
attempt to get the dependencies for the version of digikam that is in
the repositories which is not the one you want to build anyway.

Follow the instructions linked below and tell us what problems you have,
with the addition of the command
export GITSLAVE=.gitslave.devel
before the command ./download-repos

https://www.digikam.org/download/GIT