[Digikam-users] digiKam "broke" - digiKam/GIMP issue?

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Thu Mar 10 01:45:04 GMT 2016

On 03/09/2016 07:11 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Well, it's simple : the probblem is in Exiv2 shared library which have
> some problem to read XCF file.
>
> You use Exiv2 0.25.
>
> Please report this problem to Exiv2 bugzilla.
>
> Gilles Caulier

 From the command line, exiv2 seems to have the same problem with *all*
the XCF files that I've tried it on, reporting as follows:

exiv2 unique-colors.xcf
Exiv2 exception in print action for file unique-colors.xcf:

unique-colors.xcf: The file contains data of an unknown image type

However, only a very few XCF files cause digiKam to stop functioning.

Is there a way to tell digiKam to not read the metadata from XCF files?

I'm not using digiKam to store metadata in an XCF file, and I'd just as
soon digiKam not bother trying to read the metadata in the XCF file (I
wish there were an option to tell GIMP to not store metadata in an XCF
file, but that's another issue).

Best,
Elle