[Digikam-users] New faces not detected?

Jens Benecke jens-digikam at spamfreemail.de
Thu Mar 3 21:54:18 GMT 2016

Hi,

I am using Digikam 4.14 with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I have imported a lot of
images into Digikam and ran the face detection and everything worked so far.
But now when I import new images and rerun face detection and
recognition (with various options enabled, I tried several) nothing
happens. No new faces are added to the tags list. How can I find out why
no new faces are detected?

Also, how are faces and tags related? It seems the face tags for the
*images* are just normal tags which can be used outside face detection.
Correct? If I remove a tag from an image, will the recognized face stay?
If I assign a face tag to an image, will the face on the image be named
according to the tag? I'm a little confused.

Thank you!

Regards,
Jens