[Digikam-users] Need some help to use user shell script tool in digikam 5 batch processing

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 09:32:32 BST 2016

Hi,

I was stumbling over a similar problem a while ago. So essentially
digikam gives two path/filenames to the script and expects the script to
only read from $INPUT and in any case create a picture at $OUTPUT. After
the script finishes it uses $OUTPUT and discards $INPUT. Correct?

A general question about where to get such information: The handbook is
of incredible quality and still useful, but highly outdated and the
digikam recipes contains good information, but is not a manual and the
wiki is an assorted list of tutorials. How is a new and sometimes also a
not so new user supposed to get recent information about how things work
i.e. are to be used? Is it the tooltips?
I do not mean to criticise, you do an incredible job on the code (which
is so huge that I unfortunately failed to contribute) and your time is
well invested there. I would just like to know what the "official" take
on digikam's documentation is.

Cheers,
Simon