[Digikam-users] GeoLocation Question

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Fri Jun 24 10:36:53 BST 2016

Þann fim 23.jún 2016 21:03, skrifaði Mick Sulley:
> I have just taken a series of pictures in different locations with my
> Canon.  For each location I also took one with my phone so that I would
> have the coordinates.  I have imported all pictures into DigiKam, what
> is the easiest/best way to copy the location data from the phone pics to
> the Canon pics?

I think Digikam only takes a GPX track and applies/approximates to a
series of photos. To make a GPX track from your phone photos, you can
use exiftool:

<http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/geotag.html>

See the section "Inverse Geotagging". Once created the GPX-file, you can
use Digikam for associating the timestamps/coordinates to the photos.

Good luck,
Sveinn í Felli