[Digikam-users] Geotagging - time zones with half hour increments ?

Robert Zeller robert.zeller at robert-zeller.org
Mon Jun 20 10:29:00 BST 2016

Hello,

I tried to geotag a number of photos taken in Iran using the
Geo-location feature of digikam. My gps-device records the tracks with
UTC time stamps. The local time in Iran (summer time) recorded as
creation time in my photos is 4 and a half hours ahead of GMT (= UTC).
Digikam provides time offsets only by full hours (except for + 3:30),
but not for a time offset of 4:30 h. I tried a time offset of 4:00 h +
with a fine offset of 30 minutes. But this does not seem to work
properly in Digikam. Is there a way to add 4:30 to the preset list of
camera time zones ? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Robert Zeller