[Digikam-users] PicasaWeb tool...

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Sun Jun 5 16:25:20 BST 2016

I was wrong.
Picasaweb will continue to exist in parallel with GPhoto.
However no new updates will occur.

See:
http://googlephotos.blogspot.com/2016/02/moving-on-from-picasa.html

I've verified this by viewing my Picasaweb album and seeing that my Nexus phone
is still auto uploading images to Picasaweb.

People can use both, but as you asked in your original post we will be in
continual transition stage.