[Digikam-users] Digikam-users Digest, Vol 134, Issue 30

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Mon Jul 18 14:32:04 BST 2016

In the help menu, third from the bottom is "Switch Application Language"
it is right above About KDE and About digiKam.
This is in version 5.23.0, but I recall this aspect has been a stable feature.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 02:12:04PM +0200, Detlef Dürr wrote:
> In the ‚Help-Menu‘ there is no point to click on to change the language. How can I in this menu change my language?
>
> Detlef Dürr
> Ringstr. 87
> 78465 Konstanz
> Tel.:  +49 (0)7533 2097
> Mobil: +49 (0)170 313 8670
> EMail: Detlef.Duerr at t-online.de
> Fingerprint: 971D BE20 D168 F253 8C77  DB09 5CCD 6F47 8312 E7DF
>
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 13:52:55 +0200
> > From: Detlef Dürr <Detlef.Duerr at t-online.de>
> > To: digikam-users at kde.org
> > Subject: [Digikam-users] Application language
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > in the FAQ I found the question "Is Digikam available in my language ?”. this is my question too. But the answer ist o.k. for me: I use version 5.0ß.0 on Mac-Osx, I loaded the pkg-file and found no possibility to change the language to german. In your answer to this question I read "export LANG=fr.UTF-8 ; digikam”. I used this method by replacing fr by de and it doesn’t work, the used language is english.
> >
> > How can I change the language for digikam on my macbook?
> >
> > Sincerely
> > Detlef Dürr
> >
> > Ringstr. 87
> > 78465 Konstanz
> > Tel.:  +49 (0)7533 2097
> > Mobil: +49 (0)170 313 8670
> > EMail: Detlef.Duerr at t-online.de
> > Fingerprint: 971D BE20 D168 F253 8C77  DB09 5CCD 6F47 8312 E7DF

> > Name: signature.asc
> > Type: application/pgp-signature
> > Size: 204 bytes
> > Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 13:54:47 +0200
> > From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
> > To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the
> > 	power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org>
> > Subject: Re: [Digikam-users] Application language
> >
> > Go to Help menu to switch to your language. Application must be restarted.
> >
> > Gilles Caulier

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> in the FAQ I found the question "Is Digikam available in my language ?”.
> >> this is my question too. But the answer ist o.k. for me: I use version
> >> 5.0ß.0 on Mac-Osx, I loaded the pkg-file and found no possibility to change
> >> the language to german. In your answer to this question I read "export
> >> LANG=fr.UTF-8 ; digikam”. I used this method by replacing fr by de and it
> >> doesn’t work, the used language is english.
> >>
> >> How can I change the language for digikam on my macbook?
> >>
> >> Sincerely
> >> Detlef Dürr
> >>
> >> Ringstr. 87
> >> 78465 Konstanz
> >> Tel.:  +49 (0)7533 2097
> >> Mobil: +49 (0)170 313 8670
> >> EMail: Detlef.Duerr at t-online.de
> >> Fingerprint: 971D BE20 D168 F253 8C77  DB09 5CCD 6F47 8312 E7DF

> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

> [...]

      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity
Don't think what is good for you is good for everyone.
    ~ http://someoneoncetoldme.com/gallery/25072010