[Digikam-users] GeoLocation Question

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Thu Jul 7 15:15:06 BST 2016

Firstly many thanks to those who replied last time, much appreciated.

I have discovered that my Android phone logs GPS data most of the time,
but sometimes it just seems to hang on to the last coordinates and
report them again.  I have seen a 200 mile error on the data.  I have
now built a GPS tracking device using a Raspberry Pi Zero and I intend
to use that.

Now a question on the import, I could import into the database or into
Metadata, or I guess into both.  If I import into one will it get
propagated to the other?  Is there any benefit to one over the other?

Thanks
Mick