[Digikam-users] Packages of Digikam 5 beta 2 for Ubuntu 15.10 on my PPA

Peter Lavender plaven at internode.on.net
Sun Jul 3 03:02:09 BST 2016

On Sat, 2016-04-30 at 15:24 +0200, Philip Johnsson wrote:
Hi Philip,
> Question to users of my PPA with Digikam packages for Ubuntu.
>
> I'm working on packages of Digikam 4.14.0 and Digikam 5 beta 6 for
> Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial) and it looks like there will be problems using
> outdated Marble with qt4 support that Digikam 4.14.0 use for maps in
> the geolocation feature. Looks like Marble that support QT4 have a
> bug with google maps API and therefor doesn't show google maps in
> Digikam but other map features work.
>
> Do you guys want the geolocation feature with the google map bug or
> should I disable geolocation all together as with the official ubuntu
> Digikam packages for digikam 4.12.0? Digikam 5 beta 6 will have full
> geolocation features.

I tried updating digikam to 4.14 on Ubuntu 16.04 this morning and ran
into problems with installing through apt.  I tried to to an upgrade
after adding in your PPA and that failed with an apt error.  I then
removed your PPA, updated and then apt removed digikam, removing 4.12.
I then added your PPA back in and still couldn't install digikam 4.14,
some of the errors:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/digikam_4%3a4.14.0-xenial~ppa3_amd64.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/digikam-data_4%3a4.14.0-xenial~ppa3_all.deb
So I'm wondering if this is related to the issue of the geolocation?
I personally aren't using this capability, but I'm still learning my
way around digikam and for the most part happy to wait on a solution
before upgrading to 4.14 or 5.
Peter.