[Digikam-users] Dimensions of processed RAW (Panasonic RW2) incorrect

Jens Benecke jens-digikam at spamfreemail.de
Mon Jan 25 20:38:19 GMT 2016

Hello,

I am using Digikam 4.14 on Ubunt 14.04 LTS. (I plan on upgrading to 5.0
as soon as it is available on a LTS Ubuntu version.)
I have many RW2 files taken on my Panasonic Lumix LX3, exported from
iPhoto (but the images are unmodified).
There is also an exported processed (edited) JPG from iPhoto which shows
the same image.

exiftool reports both RW2 and JPG dimensions as "3776x2520" (Image Size).
But when I import both into Digikam the dimensions of the RW2 file are
shown as "3792x2538".

Any idea why?
This is important since my iPhoto exporter also writes XMP sidecars with
face rectangle data which are shifted when Digikam applies them to the
RW2 file.

Thanks!

Jens