[Digikam-users] digiKam and floating point tiffs and openexr files

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Tue Jan 5 15:57:27 GMT 2016

On 01/04/2016 04:23 PM, Maik Qualmann wrote:
> Seeking 32-bit images with a very high dynamic range. An example on this site:
>
> http://www.cheshireeng.com/HDReye/Downloads.html
>
> Here's a current comparison between Darktable and digikam:
>
> https://goo.gl/photos/EkYY9X3s7doGCUPE6
>
> As shown by other programs to these HDR images? Gimp 2.9.x for example?

Is that file supposed to be encoded linearly? Or some other curve? There
doesn't seem to be an embedded ICC profile, so what you see depends on
what profile you assign. Neither linear gamma sRGB nor regular sRGB seem
right, and afaik the regular sRGB color space with its odd TRC is not
much used for encoding HDR images. Such images really should be encoded
linearly.

I'll try to put together a couple of high dynamic range linear gamma
sRGB images and post them for you. It might take a couple of days.

Best,
Elle