[Digikam-users] digiKam and floating point tiffs and openexr files

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Sat Jan 2 19:16:15 GMT 2016

On 01/02/2016 01:25 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> EXR support work as expected here. It's not perfect, but at least, i can
> see images in thumbnails, preview and editor :

Oh, that's nice! I didn't realize the exr files would show in the
preview. Color management is iffy, of course, as there's no embedded ICC
profile. But at least the details can be seen.

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/24104378806/in/dateposted-public/
>
> For TIFF files, it's different. Only RGB encoding is supported for the
> moment. There is a file in bugzilla about this problem if i remember.

Also the 32-bit floating point RGB tiff files only show a thumbnail, and
only if a thumbnail is embedded in the tiff. But at least there's a
thumbnail.

Elle