[Digikam-users] failed to rotate image in digikam 0.9.6 / KDE3

Istvan Gabor suseuser04 at freemail.hu
Sun Feb 14 14:46:10 GMT 2016

Hello:

I'm still using KDE3 in openSUSE 13.1. It has old digikam and related packages:

kde3-digikam-0.9.6-46.17.x86_64
digikamimageplugins-0.9.6-46.17.x86_64
digikamimageplugins-superimpose-0.9.6-46.17.x86_64
kde3-digikam-doc-0.9.4-4.1.noarch
kde3-digikam-lang-0.9.6-46.17.noarch
libkipi0-0.1.6-54.4.x86_64
kde3-kipi-plugins-0.1.6-35.21.x86_64
libkipi0-lang-0.1.6-54.4.noarch
kde3-kipi-plugins-lang-0.1.6-35.21.noarch

When I try to rotate an image in digikam thumbnails window by right click -> rotate, an error message is shown: "Failed to rotate image".

If I run digikam in a console window, the console shows:

> digikam
failed to find gam_server
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/fam-user-
libpng error: IDAT: invalid distance too far back
libpng error: IDAT: invalid distance too far back
Transforming with option 0 5

Rotating worked well in my previous openSUSE install, 12.2 with digikam 0.9.6 / KDE3.

How can I trace and fix this problem?

Thanks,

Istvan