[Digikam-users] How to work on mobility on a copy of database

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Mon Feb 1 20:33:07 GMT 2016

I run DigiKam on my desktop and laptop and use Unison to sync between
them.  If I make changes on Desktop and sync then when open DigiKam on
laptop I get a pop up box with a warning that the collection is no
longer available, but it gives me 3 options -

1 - The collection is still available but the id has changed
2 - Mark the collection as removable
3 - Take no action.

The default is option 1 and if I select that then is takes a bit of time
to reload it all but it then works fine.  The problem is that the
database holds not just the directory path to the album but also the
uuid of the disk.  In my case the path is the same on both machines, but
obviously the uuid is different, so I have to reload it all.  It is
possible to write a bit of SQL to fix this, but I have never got around
to doing it.

Hope that helps
Mick