Can't develop some Canon EOS 50D CR2 files in digiKam

Anders Stedtlund falolaf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 19:51:47 GMT 2016

Hello,

I have just discovered that I can't develop some of my Canon EOS 50D CR2 files.

I have a Canon EOS 50D with which I have the possibility to select to
shoot in different RAW formats. I.e. RAW, SRAW1 and SRAW2, where SRAW1
and SRAW2 have fewer pixels compared to RAW. SRAW1 == 3267x2178 and
SRAW2 == 2376x1584 pixels.

Some years ago I decided, for some reason not really relevant for
this discussion, to use SRAW1. Now, yesterday I discovered that I
can't develop these images with digiKam. The image get all currupted.

Here is a screenshoot to show what happens:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9V6P-GSf0KUeEpCTHQzY2VhelU/view?usp=sharing

Here is the raw image to test with if interested:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9V6P-GSf0KUTjZCSkk0QjZ3bW8/view

Fortunately I can develop the images in e.g. Darktable so they are not
lost. I know for sure though that I have been able to develop at least
some of these images ealier in digiKam as I have some printouts from a
few.

I should also add that SRAW2 works as expected. I.e. only SRAW1 is problematic.

This is my setup:
openSuse Leap 42.1
digikam version 5.3.0
CPU cores: 8
Eigen: 3.2.5
Exiv2: 0.25
Exiv2 can write to Jp2: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Jpeg: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Pgf: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Png: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Tiff: Yes
Exiv2 supports XMP metadata: Yes
KF5: 5.21.0
LensFun: 0.3.2-0
LibCImg: 130
LibJPEG: 80
LibJasper: 1.900.14
LibLCMS: 2070
LibLqr support: Yes
LibPGF: 7.15.32
LibPNG: 1.6.8
LibRaw: 0.18.0-Beta1
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 4.0.6 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble: 0.22.20 (0.23 development version)
Parallelized demosaicing: Yes
Qt: 5.5.1
Database interface: QSQLITE
KIPI plugins: 5.3.0