Migrating from digikam 1.2 - resent

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 09:59:53 GMT 2016

AFAIK there is no documentation on that. There were discussions about
database migration from 4.x to 5.x, which should work but needed some
fixes. So without any knowledge to back that claim up, I assume
migrating the database from 1.x to 5.x is hopeless. I would suggest to
write all metadata to image/sidecar files in 1.x and then start with a
new database on 5.x and reread metadata from files. Of course there is
no guarantee that metadata written in 1.x is compatible with how it is
read in 5.x, but many concepts are the same so there is a good chance
(again just based on my opinion).
Sorry that I can't provide you what you are looking for.
Cheers,
Simon